Tucson Photo Adventure
April 20, 21, 22,  2018
Day 1 Friday
Arrive Tucson hotel [Comfort Suites, 7007 E. Tanque Verde Rd.; 520-298-2300]
6 PM Poly group reception
7 PM Dinner Poco & Mom’s.
Discussion in process for night sky shoot, Saguaro Cactus park East. You can walk or bike in 24 hours a day.
Day 2 Saturday
Breakfast at Hotel, 7:30.
Morning photo shoot 9:00. Mission San Xavier, see website: sanxaviermission.org. There are docent tours that can be arranged if interested. No cost, free will donation.
Poly group Lunch (12:00): Arizona Sonora Desert Museum Ocotillo Café. See menu on website.
Early Afternoon: Arizona Sonora Desert Museum, group rate, $14.95 each. Website: desertmuseum.org
Afternoon & sunset: Saguaro National Park, Website: nps.gov/sagu. Sunset at 6:58. Location:TBD
Dinner: TBD. 8:00 (options, Café Poca Cosa, Jonathan’s Cork, Wildflower, Silver Saddle Steak House, Barrio Brewing Company.)
Day 3 Sunday
- Sabino Canyon, see website: saminocanyon.com. open 9-4:30 cost $10.
- Pima Air & Space Museum. See website: pimaair.org (indoor & outdoor), cost @$14-17.
- Old Tucson or downtown.
- Lunch: On your own. Beyond Bread is a great place to get sandwiches and soup.
- Any of the three above. Note, Pima A&S has tours M-F and requires advanced reservations.
- Tombstone, Old Bisbee
- Pima County Fair
Evening: Pima County Fair
Day 4 (Monday) options
- Biosphere, with the drive there and back, this takes most of the day. You may be able to do something in the late afternoon.
- Any of the options from Day 3.
- Circle Tour of the area. 110 miles.
Photography points of Interest:
Tombstone, Pima Air Museum, Old Tucson, Saguaro National Park, The Lost Barrio, Tucson Botanical Gardens, Pima Canyon, Tombstone, Pima Air Museum, Old Town, Saguaro National Park, The Lost Barrio, Tucson Botanical Garden, Pima Canyon, Sabino Canyon, Mission San Xavier del Bac, Biosphere; Ruby Ghost Town, AZ Sonora Desert Museum, Bisbee Mining Town.